Friday 12 February 2010

Zeppelin dreams















6:46pm New york Harriet time/11:48pm London Tim time

Listening to around the world by Zeppelin smelling of todays shoot in Hatfield. A lunging day of blue skys and whispers of corrupt MPs and apathetic voters. I ask Lydia the journalist could we interview a dog as we'd get better answers, we both laugh, and get back to harassing the evasive passers by.

We find a cake shop but they dont want to talk so we buy cakes anyway and eat them through fingerless gloves, red with the blue chill.

When I get home im weary but happy with the work and company. My mid repair house doesn't greet me but I accept its whimpering like the dog I never interviewed. Though, the wonder lies on my computer in the stolen moments I took at christmas of a family im learning to trust, and I let my mind absorb these shapes like a childrens puzzle where the wooden square doesn't quite fit in its correct hole, yet.

I am pleased with the grey images and finally decide to include my own image in the montage of A3 memories. I scan a 'post-it' hand written with only: 'le family 2009'. the phrase happily startles me, so mind turns to the late night cold chips that sweated in my kitchen and perusing emails, either, I will devour this evening not with relish but ruby red tommy sauce.

What does Harriet see over there, I wonder, does she sense the busy machines of buzzing lights and whirring fans amongst the frenetic humans. Does she smell the same in the cold and heat of the foreign city, like one huge human restaurant?

chips.

x

http://www.timothyfoster.co.uk

No comments: