Tuesday 16 March 2010

Food Etiquette


Being born in Wigan the borough Lancashire, the art of food is not one of our strong points.

I remember once going to Switzerland to stay with one of my picture editors. He and his wife served me what I initially thought was the bulb of a flower, but turned out to be an Artichoke but I sat and intently watched him eat before I attempted myself.

Again watching intently I sat, but this time with my exec producer at a sushi house in central London whilst she ordered and I ended up wondering if I should dip my fingers in the watery liquid that arrived at the table or drink it like soup, I think I did both and passed it off as a custom from the north.

This year Wigan held the Pie eating competition with a invent, 'the best pie filling competition'. The winning entry was a chip filled pie.

http://www.timothyfoster.co.uk

No comments: