Wednesday 9 May 2012

Into India

Day One. Leaving London is a relief.  I've always wanted to travel around India but always been too afraid and faced with a road to nowhere in Londons Heathrow, I leave into the unknown..













Day one. Who's Sayeeb? they shout through the window as we carve through the darkness.
Day One. The Tannoy screeches, "Please welcome, Tommotree Frustrer".













Day One. I step onto the local pitch and shake the hands of all the players as special guest.


Day One. The winning team stare at me and I stare at them. It is an electric match, the spectators got so excited that some of them ripped up the local advertising and waved it in the air after every goal.


We drive to the orphanage after the match to meet the kids for the first time.

Day One. The kids are amazing resilient and funny and during mealtime we are plunged into darkness.













Day One. Coming back from the orphanage to the guest house we stop at the local shop where I would eventually gain trust and credit. The shop was so close to the street we could use it like a drive-in. 
Day Two. Everyday was playday with Godwin, the master of the memory game I would calm his exploits with drawings to colour in

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gimme some more